Do you wonder how to care for your Dogeared and Liquid Metal Designer Jewelry?
How do I care for my Dogeared jewelry?
Keep your jewelry happy!
- Protect all jewelry from scratches, sharp blows, chemicals, extreme temperatures, and sunlight
- After each wearing, gently wipe each piece of jewelry clean of make-up and skin oils with a 100% cotton cloth.
- Store jewelry separately so it doesn’t scratch other jewelry.
- Remove jewelry when doing household tasks such as gardening, cleaning, household repairs or other strenuous activities.
- Apply make-up and hair spray before putting on your jewelry. Make-up and hair spray contain chemicals that may affect your jewelry.
- Do not store jewelry next to heating vents, window stills, or in the car.
- Store jewelry away from the sunlight. The sun may fade some gemstones.
- Do not wear jewelry while in a pool, hot tub, or bathing. The chlorine in the water can damage various gemstones and metals including gold.
- Always store bead necklaces strung on silk flat because silk stretches over time.
- Frequent cleaning is recommended to maintain its true beauty. Salt water, chlorine in swimming pools, soap, perfumes, personal products and perspiration take their toll on all fine jewelry. Wipe your jewelry carefully with a soft cloth to keep it clean and enjoy!
How do I keep my silver Dogeared jewels sparkling?
Keep your jewelry beautiful!
- If using commercial silver/gold cleaners – read the label, and if in doubt, do not use a chemical cleaner. Some gemstones that cannot be placed in a commercial cleaners are: pearls, lapis lazuli, malachite, opals, coral and turquoise.
- Jewelry polishing cloth or sunshine – use lightly to restore luster. Do not press hard when polishing gold filled or plated jewelry or you will damage the surface.
- Easy homemade solution for cleaning silver jewelry – the best way to clean in places where a polishing cloth can’t reach is simple. First take a small bowl that holds about a quart of water and line it with aluminum foil. Then add, hot water, a tablespoon of baking soda and stir. Place silver jewelry in the solution for about one minute, rinse clean and let air dry. If you have a build up of dirt in hard to reach places, just put dishwashing liquid in a bowl of water and soak overnight. This is how our Dogeared jewelry experts get their silver jewels sparkling!
To see our great selection of Dogeared items please go to http://ilovethatgift.com/products/dogeared
Sergio Gutierrez Liquid Metal
How to Clean Your Sergio Gutierrez Liquid Metal Mesh Jewelry
Antique Silver or Nickel Plated: You may use a silver polishing cloth
Black Nickel Plated: You may use soap and hot water. But make sure to dry it out afterwards
***All finishes may be cleaned with toothpaste and hot water if you do not have a polishing cloth. But make sure to dry it out afterwards.
***Do Not use any liquid cleaners. They may be too strong and may wear off the finish of your Liquid Metal piece.
To see our great selection of Liquid Metal items please go to http://ilovethatgift.com/products/liquid-metal
This information was taken from both official jewelry websites.
Check out Dogeared and Liquid Metal at http://ilovethatgift.com